Tuesday 28 June 2011

A Few More to go on a Wall

My local pub is having an exhibition of art work by the locals and so, having taken the plung and put some of my work into the exhibition at Cranleigh I am going to put some in at the pub as well.  Some of these have been put up on my blog before but I have reframed/mounted them and I thinkthat it definately improves them.  
The first  one is the wall hanging which I did notr my C&G Certificate, I may show that one as well as I really like it, it depends how much wall space there is available.


 This is a new one which I did in the same style as the one for Cranleigh.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I enjoy your textile work/play. Great stitchery, very creative. I think you're right--framing the small pieces gives them more...hmm, what would one say? importance/weight/emphasis. They look great! I look forward to following your peregrinations!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are smashing - well done!! I really like the new one and the re-mounted one (2nd one down) does look more impressive - it's amazing what a difference the mounting makes. I like the sense of freedom in your pieces and it is making me think hard about how to work more freely myself. xx

    ReplyDelete